The 33rd IEEE International Symposium on Computer Architecture and High Performance Computing (SBAC-PAD 2021) is a remote event that will take place from October 26th to 28th of 2021.
- Renato Ferreira (Federal University of Minas Gerais, Brazil)
- George Teodoro (Federal University of Minas Gerais, Brazil)
- Wagner Meira Jr. (Federal University of Minas Gerais, Brazil)
SBAC-PAD is a traditional conference, ranked B in CORE2020 and authors are invited to submit original manuscripts on a wide range of computer architectures and high performance and distributed computing areas. Topics of interest include (but are not limited to):
- Application-specific systems;
- Architecture and programming support for emerging domains:
(Big Data, Deep Learning, Machine learning, Cognitive Systems);
- Benchmarking, performance measurements, and analysis;
- Cloud, cluster, and edge/fog computing systems;
- Embedded and pervasive systems;
- GPUs, FPGAs and accelerator architectures;
- Languages, compilers, and tools for parallel and distributed programming;
- Modeling and simulation methodology;
- Operating systems and virtualization;
- Parallel and distributed systems, algorithms, and applications;
- Power and energy-efficient systems;
- Processor, cache, memory, storage, and network architecture;
- Real-world applications and case studies;
- Reconfigurable, resilient and fault-tolerant systems;
- Cristiana Bentes (State University of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil)
- Olivier Beaumont (INRIA, University of Bordeaux, France)
The conference this year will be accepting papers in 5 different tracks with the corresponding track chairs as follows:
1 – Computer Architecture
José Nelson Amaral (University of Alberta, Canada)
2 – Networking and Distributed Systems
Cristina Boeres (Federal Fluminense University, Brazil)
3 – Parallel Applications and Algorithms
Hatem Ltaief (Extreme Computing Research Center, KAUST, Saudi Arabia)
4 – Performance Evaluation
Anne-Cecile Orgerie (CNRS, France)
5 – System Software
Judith Hill (Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, USA)
Papers submitted to SBAC-PAD 2021 must describe original research results and must not have been published or simultaneously submitted anywhere else.
Paper submission can be done through EasyChair.
Paper submissions must be in English, 10 pages maximum (including the references), following the IEEE conference formatting guidelines. Papers that do not meet these requirements might be rejected without a review. Only contributions that are not submitted elsewhere or currently under review will be considered. To be published in the conference proceedings and to be eligible for publication at the IEEE Xplore, one of the authors must register at the full rate and present his/her work.
This year SBAC-PAD submissions will undergo a double-blind review process, where reviewers do not know the identity of the authors, and vice-versa. Therefore, authors should “blind” their submission adopting the following guidelines:
1. The authors cannot include their names, affiliations, funding sources, or acknowledgments in any part of the paper.
2. Self-references that are relevant to the work are allowed, but they should not appear in the text on the first person. Instead they should be referenced in the third person, like “Smith et al. found that… .”.
3. For the authors’ unpublished work, they need to use anonymous citations.
Awards will be given to the best paper in each track of the conference. The program committee will select the top papers as finalists, and one paper will be selected during the conference as the winner and will be recognized as such at the conference closing ceremony. Selected papers will also be invited to submit an extended version to a special issue of the Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing.
*** Important Dates (Anywhere on Earth) *** – Deadlines Extended
June 6, 2021 June 20, 2021
June 13, 2021 June 27, 2021
June 14 – July 14, 2021 June 28-July 28, 2021
July 22-23, 2021 July 29-30, 2021
Aug 2, 2021 Aug 13, 2021
Aug 10, 2021 Sept 20, 2021
Conference Dates: October, 26-28.